Today I have Skyla Madi, author of Your Guardian Angel, visiting The Life and Lies, and she’s going to share a special post with us today!
Starting Out As A Writer – 5 Things You Should Know:
- Take your time and don’t rush your writing. You’ll regret it later.
- Expect rejections and don’t let them get to you. Rejections from publishers can be a little depressing, but they are also a critical part of the writing process—nothing motivates me more than someone that tells me NO.
- Research publishing companies carefully. Make sure you’re getting the best deal for your book.
- Don’t let bad reviews get to you. Before my first book was published I’d have all kinds of horrible dreams about bad reviews and I’d freak out and email my publisher (who was very supportive). At the end of the day, bad reviews don’t matter. Not everyone is going to like it and that’s okay. Once you get one or two bad reviews it gets easier to brush off.
- If writing is something you love to do, don’t let it turn into something that stresses you out. Take breaks when you need to or do something else for a little while and come back to it later.
Thanks Skyla! Check out the book and the rest of the tour stops below!
About the Book
For Ruby Moore life is far more complicated than that of your average teen, for she is in no way average. Ruby is a vampire and her life as a vampire is far from traditional.
It has been one year since her normal life was brutally taken from her. Still adjusting to the shock of the change from mortal to immortal, her world is rocked again and she is taken under the wings of a guardian angel back to Sage Sanctum- a school beyond reach from the vampires that are determined to destroy her.
There, she is freed from her vampiric chains and her normal needs and urges return. However a new urge arises… Lust. A forbidden lust toward her savior, her guardian angel.
Attempting to control these desires is difficult, very difficult and when things couldn't possibly get any worse, her situation becomes life or death as someone, somewhere in the school is aiding those who want her dead.
About the Author
Skyla Madi was born in the small town of Port Maquarie, New South Wales in 1993. She spent half her life growing up in Wauchope, a thriving rural town at the heart of the Hastings River Valley before making the leap to the busy city of Brisbane.
Whenever she isn't changing diapers, watching cartoons, cooking for her husband or doing other motherly-wife things, she is actively working on her writing and improving her writing skills.
- February 25 - Reading Addiction Blog Tours - Meet and Greet
- February 25 - Fall Into Books - Guest Post/PROMO
- February 26 - The College Crawl - Review/Guest Post
- February 27 - Read Review Love - Review
- February 28 - Jen McConnel - Review
- February 28 - Books and Swoons - PROMO
- March 1 - Weakling No. 14 Reviews - Review/Guest Post
March 2 - The Life and Lies of an Inanimate Object - Guest Post/PROMO
- March 3 - A Dream Within a Dream - Review
- March 3 - Paulette's Papers - Guest Post/PROMO
- March 5 - Mom With a Kindle - Guest Post/PROMO
- March 6 - Gothic Angel Book Reviews - Review/Guest Post
- March 7 - Snifferwalk Books- Review
- March 8 - Wintry Words - Guest Post/PROMO
- March 8 - Feed My Need for a Good Read - Guest Post/PROMO