Frankincense is an oil that comes from a tree resin. It's highly aromatic, and there are two different kinds; Boswellia carterii or Boswellia sacara.
Here are some awesome uses for Frankincense oil!
1. Frankincense has major antiseptic properties; Think of Frankincense as rubbing alcohol but on steroids. It will clean and disinfect your wounds, and even pull out any toxins from your skin! I use it for acne all the time. Have a pimple that won't break the surface? Frankincense will kill it without you having to open up your skin or use any sort of skin mask or fancy facial treatment. mix with a carrier oil, or if you're used to essential oils on your skin put a tiny bit right on your problem spot.
2. Along the same lines, it's also known to heal other infections or fungus, like gout.
3. It's been known to work wonders on cystic acne as well!
4. Natural cleaner. You can mix oil with hot water and use it to wash surfaces you want to disinfect, or mix with some water and soap or lemon juice to make an all natural cleaner.
5. Deodorizer. Diffuse or heat over a candle and it's better than any air freshener or febreeze.
6. Oral Health. Because of it's natural healing properties, many people use frankincense mixed with baking soda to make their own toothpaste. It can help prevent cavities and eliminate bad breath. ***Just make sure the oil you use is ok for consumption***
7. It can be used for Pain Relief, because the oil is also an anti-inflammatory. Combine with tea tree oil or eucalyptus, mix with coconut oil or almond oil as a carrier, and rub into your bruises and sore joints. You can also put some drops of oil on a dish towel and use it as a barrier between skin and ice pack. It's also been known to help with arthritis.
8. Many people (myself included) use Frankincense to fade scars. It works better than any kind of scar cream I've ever used! And I have a fair amount of experience in those suckers.
9. It can be used as a mood booster. Use as aromatherapy in a diffuser or over a wax heater, or put a drop or two directly on your skin on the back of your neck.
10. Because of the way it kills poison under the skin, a drop of Frankincense on a bug bite can immediately alleviate any itching or pain!
12. Cold season is coming up! Stock up on your oil now; it can be used as an immune system booster as well.
13. Because of it's ability to relax muscles, it can be used to treat restless leg syndrome. massage the oil directly into the skin to help calm the muscles.
14. I love to draw a hot bath and put a few drops of oil in (and some tea tree oil as well). It's like an all-encompassing aromatherapy, lung treatment, body soak, toxin and bacne killing brain massage.
15. Cures Cancer. Seriously; apparently frankincense is able to determine what the DNA in a cell should be and help it reset:
"Cancer starts when the DNA code within the cell's nucleus becomes corrupted," he says. "It seems frankincense has a re-set function. It can tell the cell what the right DNA code should be.
"Frankincense separates the 'brain' of the cancerous cell - the nucleus - from the 'body' - the cytoplasm, and closes down the nucleus to stop it reproducing corrupted DNA codes."
Get your Frankincense oil today! Here are my three favorite oils you can get of amazon. They're also available in my quick-shop