I’ve gotten questions in the past on how giveaways work, so I figured I’d do a blog post about it so you can host one on your blog! Giveaways are great ways to get followers, subscribers, and page views. If you’re hosting a giveaway for another company, it’s a great way for people to learn about their product!
Here are a few things to get you started:
- Decide on the prize. What are you giving away?
- Are you mailing the prize? or is another company mailing it? Is it a digital prize that can be emailed? Or does it need to be physically mailed?
- Who is eligable? is it USA only? Worldwide? Make sure you check shipping costs.
- What is the goal of your giveaway? Is it to get comments on your blog? if so, give extra points for comments. Is it to get followers or facebook likes, give extra points for those.
- How long will the giveaway run? a good time amount is 1-2 weeks. Any more than that and people start to get tired of hearing about it and won’t enter.
- Make a sharable, pinable, tweetable photo with the relevant information so people can get back to you.
- Decide how people will enter: leaving a comment? filling out a google form? Using Rafflecopter? (which is easy, and you should do it).
- To promote it, find facebook groups or websites for people who like free stuff, and post your picture with a link.
Hope this helps! Have fun with hosting a giveaway!