I love lavender!It's one of those awesome scents that everyone has made soap and lotion and perfume out of, but none of it smells as good as real dried lavender, and real quality lavender essential oil.
So how great is lavender, really?
It's multi-purpose oil that will change your life!
1. Antibacterial and antifungal. You can use lavender to treat cuts and scrapes, much like you'd disinfect a cut with neosporin.
2. Stimulates hair growth. Many people say lavender can significantly stimulate hair growth and scalp health!
3. Helps your body produce antioxidants, and keep the cells in your body healthy.
4. Lowers the bad bacteria in your gut. Use a drop of oil in your tea, or put some in your yogurt or in your lemonade! It can also reduce stomach pain and nausea. *Not all essential oils are created equal! Make sure you check the quality before consuming the oils!*
5. Aids in mood disorders. People with anxiety, depression, and other mood disorders have been known to respond to lavender aromatherapy.
6. Insect repellent, and bug bite itch relief. Put a drop on the bug bite to stop the itching. You can also mix with a carrier oil and use as a bug repellant.
7. Aids in sleep and insomnia. Having trouble settling down? Diffuse some lavender in the air, or put a few drops on your pillow. Lavender is soothing and will calm down your brain to help you sleep.
How do I use lavender in my day to day life?
Stressful day? I recommend you immediately take a hot bath with lavender in it, and drink some cold lemonade with a drop or two of lavender.
Bruise, cut, scrape, or burn? Mix a few drops of lavender with your FCO and massage into the area.
Can't sleep? Feeling down? Put a few drops of lavender on a damp hot cloth and rest it on your forehead.
Need to freshen up your home? Mix lavender into a bucket with hot soapy water and use it to clean and disinfect surfaces in your house.
Allergic to your fabric softener? Put a few drops of oil on a rag or a dryer ball, and throw it in the dryer instead of using fabric softener. Getting away from softeners has helped my skin so much!
Here are two of my favorite lavender oils. I love the oils by Brooklyn Botany (Just got it in the mail yesterday.) I love all their oils (they have the BEST Rosemary I've ever tried).