Thanks for visiting! Just so you know, The Life and Lies is an affiliate of several websites, and may collect a fee for your clicks, purchases, and subscriptions. Any item featured or reviewed may have been received free or discounted, but in no way affects my review. Thanks, and enjoy!
2. Use the right kind of music. Your music should encourage energy, breathing, and hard work. Find songs that are the right BPM (beat per minute) and put together some playlists that make you want to sweat.
3. Prepare adequately. Make sure you have a good plan of what you're going to do. If you show up at the gym and wander around, you won't get as much done, and you won't do it as well. You'll feel lost and distracted and your workout won't be as efficient.
4. Make sure your body is ready to work out. You should be fully hydrated, and have water with you for when that changes. Eat 1-2 hours before, and eat the right kinds of things so your workout will go well.
5. Have a recovery plan. After your workout, your muscles will continue to burn until you eat to recover. So plan ahead when you're going to eat, what your'e going to eat, and how much.
6. Slow Down. You get significantly more out of every rep if you slow it down even just a little! 10 high-quality sit ups are better than 15 crappy ones.
7. Breathe. I know it sounds silly, and obvious, but you'd be amazed how many people don't use their breathing to their advantage while working out. Remember to inhale on an extension and exhale on a flexion, breathe fully, purposefully, and deeply. Muscles with no oxygen don't get stronger!